This week will be chock full of awesome energy for all of us. Not only did we have a powerful Full Moon but we also have the Summer Solstice on Friday, June 21st. To say that these events are in perfect alignment is an understatement! It really is so amazing when we can see and feel Mother Nature working in so many ways to help us move forward in our lives.
The Strawberry Moon brought forth the energy of adventure and excitement of things to come. We were gifted with the acceptance of what we have accomplished and are now looking forward to what lies ahead for us. So many of us have been working so hard this year to create and manifest what is in the highest alignment for ourselves and others. This past Full Moon helped us to realize how far we have come and how our forward movement is setting us up to accomplish everything that we have set our minds to.
Now, we are heading towards the Summer Solstice, also called Litha, and I for one am so excited for this most magical time. This time of year (in the Northern Hemisphere at least) is a wonderful time to go exploring out in nature. Plant and animal life are nourished and growing wildly and beautifully! It is a time when herbs, fairies, and magic are full of the energy of the season. It is a perfect time to commune with nature and appreciate the longest day of the year with celebration.
You may wonder how it is we can celebrate this awesome changing of the Season. There are so many different ways that many cultures celebrate this time of year and I would love to share some ideas with you!
– Commune with nature! Get outside and appreciate the life that is teaming around you. Take a walk, pick some herbs and flowers that you can use to decorate your home or altar with. Cook with them or use them in any magical workings you have planned.
– Wake up to see the sunrise on the longest day of the year. Really appreciating what this day means for us is magical in its own right, and giving thanks to the Sun God or Oak King is a wonderful way to honor that.
– If you are near water you can build a bonfire somewhere close to the water and celebrate and honor the balance of the elements of fire and water.
– Fairies will be very prominent over the Summer Solstice, so honoring them and giving them offerings may prompt them to show themselves to you and work with you when you ask for their assistance.
– You can charge any crystals or tools you use in magical workings under the sun of the Summer Solstice as it will bring wonderful energy for you to work with in the future.
– Decorate your home or altar with colors of gold, green, red, orange, yellow, and blue. Use specific herbs such as mugwort, mint, thyme, parsley, chamomile, and lavender. Decorate with flowers such as rose, honesuckle, daisy, and lily.
These are just a few ideas of ways you can celebrate this Summer Solstice. Most of all it’s about honoring and communing with nature the best way you can. Working with and appreciating the energy that is gifted to us during this time is all it really takes to honor this Season and everything it entails. Remember that the most important thing you need where it comes to any ritual or magical work you do is YOUR INTENTION. As long as you are aware of the meaning behind this change of Season and you want to honor it, then you can’t go wrong with however it is you choose to celebrate! With that, I wish you all a Happy and Blessed Summer Solstice and Litha!